Meet Jim Barnes
Markeitng Director, Turner DeMarco Group
Jim Barnes brings over 30 years of consumer advertising and marketing expertise to the real estate business.
In the year 2000, Barnes formed a marketing agency after leaving Verizon Wireless (formally AirTouch Cellular), where he managed the retail sales channels and advertising in Northern California / Nevada.
Ironically, It was the great recession that brought Jim Barnes into real estate. In 2007 Jim’s wife Connie Barnes, a REALTOR, lost all of her listings, and Jim’s clients halted their marketing efforts. The couple decided to combine their businesses to reinvent how to sell and market homes in a declining market. After all, during the real estate boom, agents could sell homes with minimal effort. “I was shocked by how poorly real estate agents marketed their listings,” said Jim. “I saw a huge opportunity to grow our market share and help families maximize their profits in a difficult time,” Jim continued.
Jim and Connie Barnes would create a value proposition based on an “over-deliver” philosophy. “We loved bringing brand new agents to our team because the real estate boom market didn’t spoil them,” said Jim.
Since 2007, the Barnes Team has sold over 450 homes generating over $280,000,000 in sales.
Jim Barnes is a full-time REALTOR, Professional Photographer / Videographer / Digital Artist / Webmaster, and is certified by the FAA to fly unmanned aircraft (drones) commercially. Jim has earned the National Association of Realtors e-PRO certification after demonstrating his understanding of how best to use the latest digital technologies to create an online presence and reach today’s hyper-connected consumers.
Executive sales management since 1984
- Advertising / Marketing Agency experience since 1989 – National /local broadcast and print
- FAA Part 107 commercial ground pilot certification
- Business development specialist since 1996
- Web design and digital strategies since 2000
- Professional Photographer since 2004
- Certified Digital Marketing Professional
- El Dorado Association of Realtors Top Achievers
Jim’s past clients and professional associations include;
- AirTouch Cellular
- Ben Ali Shrine
- Bridlewood Canyon HOA
- California Correctional Supervisors Organization (CCSO)
- California State Fair (Cal Expo)
- CPS HR Consulting (TSA)
- East Bay Regional Data Service (Bay Area MLS)
- Embassy Suites
- El Dorado Hills Town Center
- Ford Motor Company
- Jackson Properties Commercial Real Estate
- Los Angeles Automobile Museum
- State of California Lieutenant Governor’s Office
- North American Philips
- MetroList MLS Services (Sacramento MLS)
- Rush Limbaugh: Excellence in Marketing Group
- Sacramento City Police Department
- Serrano Country Club and Golf Course
- Turner-DeMarco RE/MAX Team
- Toll Brothers Inc.
- Verizon Wireless
- Walt Disney Company
- Woodside Homes Inc.
- Verizon Wireless